1 Foot of cow
4 cups Coconut milk
1 Turmeric leaf
2 seed of False mangosteen ( Common english name for "Asam Kandis"). It's also called "Gamboge tree", "Eggtree", "Sour mangosteen", "Cochin-goraka".
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 stalk Lemongrass
1 tbsp Blended red chilies
2 cm Turmeric
5 pcs Candlenuts
2 cm Laos / Galangal
6 cloves Garlic
10 pcs Shallots
1. Clean the cow's foot and its hair, cut into several pieces and cook until tender.
2. Remove the bones and then cut the meat into small sizes according to your preference.
3. Cook the coconut milk together with the blended spices, kaffir lime leaves, kandis acid (false mangosteen) and the lemongrass.
4. Add the meat pieces and cook until the coconut milk thickens and oily.
5. Keep stirring until it's well cooked to prevent the coconut milk from dissolving.
500 g Medium sized squid
1 tbsp Lime juice
3 Oil for stir frying
1 Turmeric leaf
1 False mangosteen
2 stalks Lemongrass
1 tbsp Minced red chilli
2 cloves Garlic
1 1/2 cm Ginger
1. Peel the skin of the squid, remove the ink sac, clean, then slice crosswise 1 1/2 cm.
2. Marinate the squid with lime juice, leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with clean water, then drain.
3. Heat oil and stir fry the blended spices, add turmeric leaf and lemongrass until fragrant.
4. Add false mangosteen and squid. Stir until the squid stiffens.
5. Cook all ingredients until fully cooked and the sauce thickens.
6. Lift and serve immediately.
1 lb mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp. each olive oil and butter
1/4cup Foxbrook Merlot
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
1. In a large skillet cook mushrooms in oil and butter 5 minutes until slightly softened.
2. add wine, continue to cook until liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
3. Sprinkle mushrooms with feata and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- To easily scoop out the meat of the avocado, slice across the avocado until your knife hits the pit. Grab both halves and twist in opposite directions. Take one half of the avocado, set aside. To take out the pit, and tap it with the sharp blade of your knife so the blade gets stuck into the pit. Then twist the lower half. If you are planning to delay the preparation, keep the pit on the avocado and put the other half back to prevent oxidation.
- Scoop out the meat into the bowl. Add lemon juice to prevent further oxidation. If you prefer, you can slice the avocado into smaller pieces, or you can mash it with a fork.
- Drizzle the avocado with the condensed milk. Toss (or mix) until the avocados are thoroughly coated with the milk. (Yes, you can add an extra helping of the milk if you like).
- Chill in the fridge or the freezer. Do not freeze. If you do freeze it, you can reconstitute it by placing the dish in a hot water bath (the bowl, not the dish).
- Serve in a bowl with an extra drizzle of milk and some ice chips.
Language Features :
- Use of imperatives
- Use of action Verbs
- Use of connectives
- Use of adverbial phrases